CyberGuerrilla 2011
 Vol.1--No.2011 | 3 Users Online
Sunday,Mar 24,2019
By Doemela avatar | November 24, 2011 - 20:04 | Posted in AnonyNews | 83 Comments

How to secure your computer and surf fully Anonymous BLACK-HAT STYLE

This is a guide with which even a total noob can get high class security for his system and complete anonymity online. But its not only for noobs, it contains a lot of tips most people will find pretty helpfull. It is explained so detailed even the biggest noobs can do it^^ :

Download pdf version =[here]= or securesurf.pdf

=== The Ultimate Guide for Anonymous and Secure Internet Usage v1.0.1 ===

8.   Installing VirtualBox
  9.   Installing a Firewall
  10.   Firewall Configuration
  11.   Installing Ubuntu
  12.   Ubuntu Initial Setup
  13.   Installing Guest Additions
  14.   Installing IRC (Optional)
  15.   Installing Torchat (Optional)
  16.   Creating TOR-Only Internet Environment
  17.   General Daily Usage

By the time you are finished reading and implementing this guide, you will be able to securely and anonymously browse any website and to do so anonymously. No one not even your ISP or a government agent will be able to see what you are doing online. If privacy and anonymity is important to you, then you owe it to yourself to follow the instructions that are presented here.

In order to prepare this guide for you, I have used a computer that is running Windows Vista. This guide will work equally well for other versions of Windows. If you use a different operating system, you may need to have someone fluent in that operating system guide you through this process. However, most parts of the process are easily duplicated in other operating systems.

I have written this guide to be as newbie friendly as possible. Every step is fully detailed and explained. I have tried to keep instructions explicit as possible. This way, so long as you patiently follow each step, you will be just fine.

In this guide from time to time you will be instructed to go to certain URLs to download files. You do NOT need TOR to get these files, and using TOR (while possible) will make these downloads very slow.

This guide may appear overwhelming. Every single step is explained thoroughly and it is just a matter of following along until you are done. Once you are finished, you will have a very secure setup and it will be well worth the effort. Even though the guide appears huge, this whole process should take at the most a few hours. You can finish it in phases over the course of several days.

It is highly recommended that you close *ALL* applications running on your computer before starting.

Next:1 : Obtaining Tor Browser

Share by MasterPirate

Trackbacks:

• You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
  • Both comments and pings are currently closed.

This Post is Tagged with:

83 Responses to How to secure your computer and surf fully Anonymous BLACK-HAT STYLE

1. March 4, 2013 at 20:16
    Anonymous says:

First off, big thanks both to the author of this guide and to all who have helped others out in the comments. Without all of you, it would be impossible for me to get this far.

I’ve managed to get through almost the entire guide, but I am running into problems at the very last step.

I initially had some trouble setting up the tunnels, repeatedly running into the “port 22 network unreachable” error, but eventually that went away, though I hadn’t done anything different. I got the tunnels set up (or so I thought–I got the prompt where I had to type “yes” to continue, I was asked for the password, and I entered the Firewall password without any errors, so I’m pretty sure I typed it correctly.) However, Firefox will not connect to any sites and I keep getting a window in the upper-right corner of the screen informing me that my Wired connection has been disconnected. I really have no clue what could be wrong.

On my main computer, everything works fine, including Tor browser, so for whatever reason, my VMs are having trouble connecting either to each other or to Tor.

Some notes about my setup:
    -Both my main OS and my Primary VM are running Ubuntu 12.10 (maybe it’s still buggy?)
    -As per one of the suggestions I saw in the comments, I am using port 9151 instead of 9050 (both in the Firefox settings inside of Primary VM, and in setting up the first tunnel), since that is the port that appears in the Settings > Advanced section of my version of Tor.

If anyone could help with this I’d be really grateful.

• March 8, 2013 at 02:28
      Anonymous says:

I’m having the same problem. You’ve pretty much said it all. (although I’m using port 9050 as that port also shows in my version of Tor) Wish I could help you, but that’s a no. Did you happen to figure it out on your own anyway?
      Also using Ubuntu 12.10
      Should I just repeat the entire process with an older version of Ubuntu?
      I’m not sure if, for the second port, I should only prompt ssh -N -L 8118:10.0.2.2:8118 root@10.0.3.1 in the second terminal window or or repeat step 22-26. If I repeat the steps with the second tunnel in the second window, everything seems to be as it should be, except I still cannot make a connection. If I don’t repeat them, I get the port 22 network unreachable” error.
      Any help is very much appreciated, as is this guide in general.

• March 8, 2013 at 12:19
        Anonymous says:

No, unfortunately, I still haven’t gotten it to work.

I did originally try this with an older version of Ubuntu–the one mentioned in the guide–but I wanted IRC and couldn’t get it up and running in the old version–nothing was showing up using the Ubuntu Software Center and I wasn’t finding them online either, so I decided to start over and just use the current version.

Oddly enough, the success or failure of certain steps near the end of this guide seem in my experience to be totally random. After successfully setting up the tunnels the first time, I no longer needed to type “yes” to confirm when setting up the tunnels, but I do need to enter the password I set up for the firewall VM. After that point, I get different results every time I try entering the tunnel commands. Sometimes one appears to succeed, but the other gives me the error message that port 22 is blocked and the network is unreachable. Sometimes both tunnels appear to be set up but I get no internet connection. I’ve tried with both ports 9050 and 9151 at this point. Still stuck.

I have decided to start from scratch, setting up the VMs all over again and try one more time with the tunnels. I’m about to do that now.
        I’ve tried saving a snapshot of the Primary Ubuntu VM just before trying this, but every time I try to do that, Virtual Box crashes. 😀

2. March 8, 2013 at 14:24
    Anonymous says:

Ok, this time around the tunnel for port 9050 went just fine, but the second tunnel returned (predictably):

ssh: connect to host 10.0.3.1 port 22: Network unreachable

3. avatar

Hi, Just read the comments from nearly a year ago, and I am having the same problem. Really hoping this blog isn’t dead, the tutorial set up here by MasterPirate is really impressive and thorough.

I, as well as many other that commented on this page, am using a Mac and am unable to complete the last few steps of this tutorial. The prompt asking for yes/no goes away the first time you try and set up the tunnels connecting the two OS, and only comes back if you delete Ubuntu or the snapshot of DSL.

As one user said, it seams t be pretty random as to whether or not you are able to connect the two operating systems, and on the off chance that you are able to connect them firefox is unable to connect to the internet every time.

Has any Mac user has success with this? Are there any tips someone can give to help me get the proxy settings configured so that I will be able to get this set up? I would really appreciate it, and will make sure to check back here often.

• August 13, 2015 at 08:41
      Anonymous says:

Try this changes, too many hours reading everywhere and finally got it!. This setup works on my lap. Please ready it slowly. I only run Tor Browser without Vidalia.

See the SOCK HOST’s port in your Tor Browser: (My port is 9150)

13. Under “Connection” it says “Configure how Firefox connects to the internet”. To the right of that is a “Settings” button.
      Click that button.
      14. Select “Manual proxy configuration”
      15. Next to both “HTTP Proxy” and “SSL Proxy” type in: 127.0.0.1 —————————–> don’t do this step
      16. Set the port to 8118 for both “HTTP Proxy” and “SSL Proxy” —————————–> don’t do this step
      17. Next to “SOCKS Host” type: 127.0.0.1
      18. Set the port for “SOCKS Host” to 9051 —————————–> Write your Tor Browser Port
      19. Make sure that “SOCKS v5′′ is selected at the bottom.
      19.1 Make sure that “REMOTE DNS′′ is selected at the bottom. —————————–> IMPORTANT!
      20. Click “Ok” and then

NOW:
      25. Your terminal window should still be open. Type in the following command exactly as shown (or copy paste it):
      ssh -N -L 9051:10.0.2.2:9051 root@10.0.3.1 —————————–> Write your Tor Browser Port

27. Now we are going to open the second tunnel. In your terminal window, go to “File” and “Open Tab”. This will open up
      a tab for a second terminal without affecting the first. —————————–> Don’t do this step
      28. Now, type exactly as shown below to open the second tunnel:
      ssh -N -L 8118:10.0.2.2:8118 root@10.0.3.1 ——————————-> Don’t do this step.
      29. Return to Firefox. Go to the “File” menu and uncheck “Work Offline” if it is checked.
      30. Go to the URL: http://check.torproject.org
      If you see the text: “Congratulations. Your browser is configured to use Tor” then you are all set! Your Ubuntu virtual
      machine is now NOT connected to the internet in any way. However, you can browse any website using TOR, even Youtube. You do not have to be afraid of
      javascript or Flash.

That’s all. I hope it works for you.
      Saludos!!

nonymous. Whoever you are, we are ungovernable!
> =[]= This site is run by cyberguerrilla, your friendly anonymous autonomous tech collective since 2010 =[]= This the past that can NOT be changed! <