By ro0ted | April 20, 2014 - 12:51 | Posted in /b/ | Comments Off on #ro0ted #OpNewblood How a XSS attack happens
#ro0ted #OpNewblood How a XSS attack happens
Some examples of the damage an XSS attack can cause:
- Redirect page to phishing sites, or fake login pages
- Steal the users cookies, allowing them access to other web applications with authenticated sessions
- Insert links to remotely hosted client side exploits within a html body; with the goal of installing malware on the system (key loggers, remote access tools)
These are the most common and dangerous attack outcomes, which typically lead to complete compromise of a users system or personal information.
- You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Both comments and pings are currently closed.