Why CyberGuerrilla is needed.
Can you rely on a corporate provider for confidentiality of your sensitive communications? Not only do they typically scan and record the content of your messages for a wide variety of purposes, they also concede to the demands of governments that restrict digital freedom and fail to have strict policies regarding their user’s privacy. Not to mention their obviously commercial interests put commercial providers at odds with what we are doing. Government’s practices “full pipe monitoring” and association mapping, which gives them the ability to build a detailed map of how our social movements are organized, worse this gives them precise information about what linkages should be disrupted in order to disrupt large social movements
We believe it is vital that essential communication infrastructure be controlled by movement organizations and not corporations or the government.
We strive to keep our communications as secure and private as we can. We do not log your IP address. (Most services keep detailed records of every machine which connects to the servers. We keep only information which cannot be used to uniquely identify your machine). All your data is stored by CyberGuerrilla in encrypted form.
We work hard to keep our servers secure and well defended against any malicious attack. We do not share any of our user data with anyone. We will actively fight any attempt to subpoena or otherwise acquire any user information or logs. We will not read, search, or process any of your communications other than by automatic means to protect you from viruses and spam or when directed to do so by you when troubleshooting.
The CyberGuerrilla Collective is an autonomous body based in Europe with collective members world wide. Our purpose is to aid in the creation of a free society, a world with freedom from want and freedom of expression, a world without oppression or hierarchy, where power is shared equally. We do this by providing communication and computer resources to allies engaged in struggles against capitalism and other forms of oppression.
- We value, support, and engage in struggles for human liberation, the ethical treatment of animals, and ecological sustainability. We join in the fight for freedom and the self-determination of all oppressed groups. We oppose all forms of prejudice, authoritarianism, and vanguard-ism.
- We organize on the basis of autonomy, mutual aid, resource sharing, participatory knowledge, social advocacy, anti-oppression work, community creation, and secure communication.
- We work to create revolution and a free society in the here and now by building alternative communication infrastructure designed to oppose and replace the dominant system.
- We promote social ownership and anarchistic control over information, ideas, technology, and the means of communication.
- We empower organizations and individuals to use technology in struggles for liberation. We work to support each other in overcoming the systemic oppression embedded in the use and development of technology.
Connect to IRC.
The CyberGuerrilla Concept is based on an optimistic view of the prevailing autonomy, mutual aid, resource sharing, participatory knowledge, social advocacy, anti-oppression work, community creation, and secure communication. Wir machen Praxis!
- You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Both comments and pings are currently closed.